February 11, 2009 – Do you find yourself craving some cuddly companionship over creamy candies? Are you considering passing up a three course dinner date for a frolic with a four-legged friend? If so, it sounds like you are ready to meet your perfect match this Valentine’s Day—the one with a warm heart and cold nose! The cuddly cupids at the Cleveland Animal Protective League (APL) are hoping that people are ready to “Unleash the Love” this February and bring more animals home this year than ever before. Word around the Cleveland APL is that three super-secret Valentine’s are hiding amongst our animals and they have a special gift for their adopters!
The Cleveland APL’s goal is to adopt 250 animals between February 14th and 28th. A display of 250 leashes in the APL’s lobby area will represent the matchmaking goal. Every adopter will have the opportunity to unhook a leash from the display and “unleash the love” created by their adoption. “Our hope is to have no leashes left on February 28th—only a sign that says 250 families and animals found love and a new best friend this February,” says Sharon Harvey, Executive Director of the Cleveland APL.Between Saturday February 14th and Sunday February 28th:
- All adopters will receive a leash from the Unleash the Love display.
- Three super-secret Valentine’s will bring an extra gift with them to their new home.
- Microchips will be available for animals adopted during this time for only $10.
- A free bag of Hill’s Science Diet food (4 pounds for cats, 5 pounds for dogs)
- A free 2009 Cleveland APL Pet Calendar
- Adoption fees for some of our special “Sweetheart” animals will be reduced 14%
All animals are spayed-neutered, tested for heartworm or FeLV/FIV, have received age appropriate vaccinations and treatment of worms and fleas, and come with a collar and APL ID Tag, helpful species-specific animal care information, and a free initial veterinary exam. Cats/Kittens come with a travel box, and dogs/puppy adoptions include a leash. All adoptable animals can be seen at www.ClevelandAPL.org.