The Cleveland Animal Protective League believes in maintaining the human-animal bond whenever possible. As such, these are our Guiding Principles:
We believe pets and their families should have access to veterinary care.
We believe in working to remove barriers to care.
We believe every pet in our care deserves our best effort.
We believe in helping pets AND people.
We are committed to finding solutions that keep pets and their people together.
We will strive to help families find workable financial solutions.
We do not believe that pets should be euthanized solely for economic reasons.
We believe in treating each other, our clients, and their pets with respect, empathy and dignity.
We are compassion in action!
The Cleveland Animal Protective League’s Community Pet Clinic provides services to clients based on the following qualifications:
- Pets owned by Cleveland and East Cleveland residents on any form of financial assistance (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Child’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Subsidized Housing, Housing Vouchers, and Public Housing Programs, Supplemental Security Income Program (SSI), Welfare or TANF, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), ) or who can show they have not been able to access veterinary care due to financial hardship (e.g., being declined by Care Credit or Scratch Pay).
- Pets owned by Cuyahoga County residents:
- Seeking humane euthanasia services.
- Living in a homeless shelter, domestic violence shelter, public housing, or a hotel or motel.
- Referred by private veterinary and emergency clinics due to inability to pay fees.
- Referred by other nonprofit organizations or social service agencies due to access to veterinary care challenges.
- Adoptable animals from 501(c)(3) animal welfare, municipal shelters, or rescue organizations.
- Adopters of Cleveland APL animals and their pets (Follow-up care for animals adopted from the APL will be provided at no charge for the first 14 days after adoption. After that, customary clinic fees will be charged).
- Pets owned by clients who have a CAPL CPC “Neighborhood Pass” (e.g., residents of the 44113 zip code).
- Pets owned by qualifying CAPL CPC members will receive additional discounts for vaccinations and microchips, flea treatment/preventive, worming, spay/neuter, and access to free pet food.
*Qualifying CAPL CPC clients will receive additional discounts for core services such as vaccinations, flea treatment/preventive, worming, spay/neuter, and access to free pet food.
1729 Willey Ave, Cleveland, OH 44113