The “LOVE is a 5 letter word: ADOPT” special adoption event will be held on February 10th, 11th & 12th in celebration of Valentine’s Day. Adoption fees are DRASTICALLY reduced for all cats!
Seven local animal welfare groups are teaming up to mark Valentine’s Day. Humane societies in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina and Summit Counties along with the rescue group PAWS are inviting the public to experience the joy that comes with adopting a homeless pet. Ozzy and Kobe, the Cleveland APL “spokescats” want you to know that they believe “Love is a 5 letter word: ADOPT!“
This is the time of year when people give flowers, chocolates, and gifts to the people they love. What better way to wear your heart on your sleeve than to give the gift of life with YOU to an animal in need? Visit any or all of the participating shelters and there will be staff on hand to help you find your perfect furry, purry Valentine.
The adoption fee for cats less than one year old will be $30.00 and cats one year old and up will be $5. All available animals are neutered/spayed, given age appropriate shots, tested, de-wormed and flea treated. The
“LOVE is a 5 letter word: ADOPT” locations:
- Cleveland APL: 1729 Willey Ave, Cleveland (216) 771-4616
- Friendship APL: 8303 Ridge Road, Elyria (440) 322-4321
- Geauga Humane Society (Rescue Village): 15463 Chillicothe Rd, Russell Twp. (440) 338-4819
- Lake Humane Society: 7564 Tyler Blvd, Bldg E, Mentor (440) 951-6122
- Medina SPCA: 245 South Medina St, Medina (330) 723-7722
- PAWS (Public Animal Welfare Society of Ohio): will be doing their adoptions during the event at the above Cleveland APL location on Friday & Saturday only. Phone contact: (440) 442-PAWS
- Pawsibilities, Humane Society of Greater Akron: 7996 Darrow Rd. Twinsburg (330) 487-0333