The cats at the APL have written a Declaration of Independence and they need your help signing it into effect. The cats state the following: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all animals are created equal, that they are endowed with
certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, shelters are instituted among men, using their just powers to serve those unable to serve themselves. There comes a time, however, when it is the right, the duty, of the animal to seek new guards for their future security.
Let facts be submitted to a candid world:
- The APL is a wonderful safe haven for animals in need, but we’d rather not be here any longer than necessary!
- We all have our own beds, but no one to cuddle with at the end of the day.
- We all get attention and love, but we have no one to call our own.
- We have been given safe-haven here, but we’re ready for our forever families to find us.
- The Cleveland APL is trying hard to find us homes, but we decided it was time to take matters into our own paws.
- It’s time for us to further pursue our happiness. Please help us declare independence from shelter life this July!
Magnanimously, the Cleveland APL has agreed to help its feline residents with their pursuit for independence and for five days only, on July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th (the APL will be closed on July 4th), all cats and kittens in the shelter will be available for adoption for only $17.76! AND, if that’s not enough, thanks to a donation from Pethealth, Inc., the first 100 animals (cats and dogs) adopted on those days will go home with a free, registered 24Petwatch microchip.
All animals are spayed-neutered, tested for heartworm or FeLV/FIV, have received age appropriate vaccinations and treatment of worms and fleas, and come with a collar and APL ID Tag, helpful species-specific animal care
information, and a free initial veterinary exam. Cats/Kittens come with a travel box, and dogs/puppy adoptions include a leash.
Please call the APL at 216-771-4616 with any questions.