The Cleveland APL benefits and being laid off and/or mandated quarantine
The following applies to all noted circumstances
- If an employee is staying home sick
- If an employee is sent home sick
- If an employee contracts COVID-19
- If an employee is forced to stay home due family/relative exposure & quarantine
- If an employee is forced to stay home due to school closing or childcare necessity
- If an employee is sent home due to reduced work
- If an employee is sent home due to mandated reduced work force
- If an employee is sent home due to government mandated closure
- Using sick/vacation PTO: Your portion of the health insurance (and other) benefits premiums will be deducted from any pay you receive during your absence.
- If you are not able to return to work (for any of the reasons above) – and you have exhausted your sick PTO and vac PTO:
- The Cleveland APL will continue to pay your benefits premiums to keep your coverage enforce – Through May 31, 2020 (subject to change).
- Employees not able to meet paycheck deductions to pay for their benefits premiums, will be asked to enter a repayment agreement through the finance and payroll department.
- As of the date of this memo, if you have not been back to work by May 31, 2020, and are not able to pay your benefits premiums, Human Resources will provide information about how to keep your benefits beyond this deadline.
These options will include:
- COBRA (gap insurance)
- MMO – Individual short-term and ACA-compliant health insurance plans