The cats at the Cleveland APL have written a Declaration of Feline Independence and they need your help to get it, and them, adopted – NOW!
The cats state the following:
“When in the course of feline events, it becomes necessary to seek new accommodations, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all animals are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, humane societies are instituted among men, using their just powers to serve those unable to serve themselves. There comes a time, however, when it is the right, the duty, of the cat to seek new guards for their future security.
Let facts be submitted to a candid world:
- The Cleveland APL is a wonderful temporary residence for animals in need, but it’s not home.
- We all have our own beds, but no one to cuddle with at the end of long day of being a cat.
- We all get attention and love daily, but we have no one to call our own and shower with unconditional love.
- We have been given safe-haven here, but we’re ready for our new families to find us.
- We need to go home now – there are too many of us here. Help us declare independence from shelter life by visiting the Cleveland APL and adopting your new best feline friend.”
Magnanimously, the Cleveland APL has agreed to help its feline residents with their pursuit of immediate independence and lifelong happiness by slashing the adoption fee for all cats and kittens to $17.76 between June 29th and July 3rd.
All cats are spayed-neutered, tested for FeLV/FIV, have received age appropriate vaccinations and treatment of worms and fleas, and come with a collar and APL ID tag, a travel box, helpful species-specific animal care information, and a free initial veterinary exam.