We are suspending adoptions until further notice.
If you are able to help us care for an animal during this time, please sign up to be a foster parent/family and contact us at [email protected]
Our hours will be 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday, closed on Sunday. Please note that we are only able to assist clients by appointment at this time. Call 216-771-4616 x 0 for more information.
If you are a Cleveland resident with an urgent animal care need or are in need food or other supplies for your pet as a result of COVID-19, please contact us at 216-255-5012 or 216-771-4616 x 0 for assistance.
Canine Adoption Fees
- Dogs (5 months and older): Start at $125*
- Puppies (under 5 months): Start at $200*
A dog license must be purchased at the time of adoption–please add county license to final price. License fees vary between $10 and $21, depending on the dog’s age and time of year of adoption.
Feline Adoption Fees
- Cats (5 months and older): $50
- Kittens (under 5 months): $95
- All cats 5 months and over are buy one and get another kitty friend for only $25.
- All kittens under 5 months are buy one and get another kitty friend for only $47.50.
All cats must leave the shelter in a carrier. If you do not bring one with you, one must be purchased at the shelter for $3.00.
Small Mammals Adoption Fees
- Rabbits: $25
- Ferrets: $65
- Guinea Pigs: $15
- Mice: $5
- Rats: $10
- Parakeets: $25
- Hamsters: $5
* Certain animals may have higher or lower adoption fees. See Adoption Associates for details. All cats and dogs adopted from the Cleveland APL are altered (spayed or neutered), examined by a veterinarian, have received age appropriate, preliminary vaccinations, and have been treated for fleas and worms. Dogs six months and older have been tested for heartworm and given an initial preventative treatment. All cats and kittens have been tested for FeLV and FIV.
Adoption Fees for Seniors
The Cleveland Animal Protective League participates in a special program called Pets for the Elderly. This program allows senior citizens to adopt a companion pet at a reduced adoption fee, in turn, creating happily ever afters for both the pet and adopter.